What are your breakouts telling you?
I read about something called face mapping not too long ago, and was quite impressed by it actually. Face mapping is a combination of modern dermatology and and ancient Chinese medicine, and the idea is that there's a connection between your internal organs and different zones of your face.
Without further ado, ehre's what your breakouts are telling you in 5 zones of your face...
1. Forehead. Breakouts across the forehead are often triggered by stress or sleep deprivation. Make sure to get 7 to 9 hours of beauty rest a night to keep your forehead clear.
2. Above the brow. The area above the brow is affected by your immune system. Breakouts here tend to happen right before, after, or during a cold or flu. If you notice a breakout in this zone, slow down for a couple days, drink plenty of water and immune boosting foods like mushrooms, strawberries and carrots.
3. Between brows. Breakouts between the brows can be caused by overindulgence of unhealthy foods or a food allergy. Cutting back on sugar, dairy, rich foods, and alcohol can help clear up skin in this zone.
4. Cheeks. Your cheeks are linked to your respiratory system. Smoking or breathing polluted air can cause breakouts here.
5. Side of chin. The sides of your chin are affected by hormones. Breakouts here occur around the time of your period and happen on one side or another depending on which ovary is ovulating that month.